ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio Empty
PostSubject: pics   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 4:31 pm

I will try again thx
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 4:24 pm

Here's a link on our forum.
Click here for including pictures in your post's

I am going to move this post, because it's not about (Amateur) or Ham Radios.

Last edited by Cliff Jones on May 2nd 2016, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Pics   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 4:01 pm

I am having problems posting pics?
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 2:54 pm

I don't  see any pictures. A cathedral usually looks like the radio on the top is like the brow on a ship, it's curved and has seam in the middle.

A tombstone is shaped like a headstone narrower on the horizontal than it is on the vertical, and it has a flat top, in other words a rectangular box.

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 2:22 pm

Here are a few pics. The model is a 259-pl it has a Blackhawk logo on front with an indian chief. Its not as tall as a typical tombstone so I do not know enough to say what type it is. Hopefully you will be able to tell me.

Thx

Last edited by speedracer52 on May 2nd 2016, 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 1:41 pm

Thx very much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 1:30 pm

I looked in Beitmans, I had no luck. So I went to radiomuseum.org ther are about four listed under several manufacturers. Philmore being one.
I have a cross reference from Gihardi that listed it Philmore.
I will do some research, but no promises on finding anything.
I also have some other indexes that I will research.
I will provide a link when I can. > Click here!
I saw two styles, both table tops, one a cathedral, the other was a tombstone style.
Which do you have?
Can you post a picture? How many tubes? Does it have a shortwave band?study
Here's a link also on the manufacturer --> Click here!

Last edited by Cliff Jones on May 2nd 2016, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 1:01 pm

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for the help I think I can get through it as I do have a background in electronics although I've never worked with tubes. On another note any information on Blackhawk radios when were they manufactured from where did they go out of business generally who were they. thank you
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 12:36 pm

Are you electronics savy?
If not then you need to read a book on radio repair.
If you don't want to bother, then there are tutorials on you tube to give you an Idea of how to proceed.
test your tubes first.
If you can get static that's a good sign that its working. Does it have noticeable Hum?
If you get static, there are several causes.

The first is called silver migration diseases. That has to do with the trimmers in the I.F. transformers.
The second could be that the Tuning cap has one or more of the plates bent and touching another plate.
Then there are poor solder connections. Also resistors or capacitors that need replacing. You could have a shorted tube.

PostSubject: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2016, 8:30 am

Hi All,

I am new to collecting radios and recently acquired a wooden table top BlackHawk 259-pl Radio. 
The radio powers on but all I get is static. So I tried to research it on the world wide web and cannot find anything about this radio. 
In fact I only found 1 other Blackhawk radio and it was a 1930's console.

Any help would be appreciated as I would love to get this working again and find out more about this company.

Thx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio   Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help in Identifying a Blackhawk Radio
Page 1 of 1