ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

EICO 710 Grid Dip Meter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zandy1
Beginning Member

EICO 710 Grid Dip Meter Empty
PostSubject: EICO 710 Grid Dip Meter   EICO 710 Grid Dip Meter I_icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2022, 2:15 pm

I recently purchased a used EICO Model 710 Grid Dip Meter (GDM).  I have checked it out and the voltages/resistance levels are per the operating manual and have verified RF power output at the frequencies as indicated on the dial.  The sensitivity control works as expected and, in short, it all looks very good except, it simply will not dip when I try to couple it to a resonant circuit.  I have build any number of test circuits, including simple loops to couple the output energy to a crystal (per the manual) while monitoring the output frequency.  No luck.  The manual suggests trying the audio output as a more sensitive measurement, as you zero beat to the resonant frequency; I hear no tones during this exercise.  I'm new to GDMs, but have watched numerous videos to get the coupling correct, and have tried it many, many ways all without success.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

EICO 710 Grid Dip Meter
Page 1 of 1