ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Time limit between posts in the forum.........

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ve1arn

PostSubject: Time limit between posts in the forum.........   2010-12-04, 7:45 am

Cliff, could you explain why there is a waiting time between when a new post is made and another post or reply is allowed my a user? The first delay was 120 seconds, and a few minutes later when I tried on another thread, I was told I had to wait 1000 seconds.

I'm not even allowed to send you a PM because it says I don't have enough posts made yet to allow it. I tried checking the FAQ page, but it's only general info with no great details.

No big deal, just curious as to the rules. It makes it a tad frustrating when trying to post to more than one thread while checking out the forum. Smile

Thanks and cheers for now, Bob

PS..... I couldn't post this one right away either. I had to wait another 1000 seconds because of 'flood control' Razz
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Time limit between posts in the forum.........   2010-12-04, 8:44 am

I went to the forum provider and found out there is a way to overwhelm the forum . Its called flooding. In order to prevent flooding I reset it to stricter time limits. pale I will readjust it. Thank You for bringing this problem up. It's a learning experience for me and it takes a while to learn. Embarassed Smile

I changed it to 15 seconds. study
Back to top Go down
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: Time limit between posts in the forum.........   2010-12-04, 9:05 am

Hi Cliff,

No problem. I've just never seen this kind of protection on a forum before and was curious. I was pretty sure it was the forum setup and not you that did this.

Fifteen seconds sounds great. Very Happy

Thanks again, Bob
Back to top Go down

Time limit between posts in the forum.........
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1