ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Highline Hamfair Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

Highline Hamfair Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highline Hamfair Review   Highline Hamfair Review I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2013, 12:43 pm

The PASARA event went well, it was held in the Shoreline Community College parking lot. For vendors there was a $15 charge. I saw about 4 or 5 lines of vehicles with at least close to 80 stalls. Quite a good turnout. Fortunately the traffic was good getting up there at 7AM. Clear weather and we were able to get a good shaded spot.
I sold my NRI books, and used reel to reel prerecorded professional tapes. I also sold my Hallicrafters S20R. And a Conar Sig Gen. and a heavy wooden Card index Cabinet with 12 drawers, (good for parts storage)

I bought two resistor capacitor substitution boxes,
a Channel master 3 bander portable radio,
A Tektronix's Scope cart that was like new,
A Simpson 269-3 ,
an RCA WV510 Master Voltohmyst and
a AN/TS-375/AU VTVM.
So in the end I made a very handsome profit of $3.00.

Plus a good sunburn, then, after the meet, about 8 of us went out for lunch around 3pm. Heading back there was (as always) a traffic slowdown heading down to Seattle, but once past it. it was open roads all the way back. Got Home about 6pm.

That was a fun Sunday!

FrankB

Highline Hamfair Review Empty
PostSubject: Highline Hamfair Review   Highline Hamfair Review I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2013, 10:00 pm

I was going to sell at Highline this year, but the weather forecast was "Rain".
Instead I had to go to Lynnwood for some file cabinets ( It was raining a bit from Lacey to Federal Way when we went through) that were listed on Craigs List. We contacted him and the axxhat never showed and the cabinets were gone.
He had both phone numbers and an email addy. Some Warning!.....

So on the way back, we stopped at the hamfair.
it was small, but nice. I suspect the forecast chased many vendors away, like it did me.
The Hamfair folks are very friendly & helpful. I got there about noon, and by then some folks were packing up to leave.
I got a nice 250TH tube, 29 NOS tube sockets, a couple of ARRL Handbooks, and a bunch of project magazines.

It was a small entry fee to get in, and IMHO well worth it.

I hope it grows, as there are not too many hamfairs around anymore. I hope the weather is good for next year, so I can sell there again.

For you folks that missed it, there were some killer deals to be had, including a Catalin radio, ( I already have that same model), and several old, nice restorable radios too.
Of course a good smattering of ham gear, magazines, odds & ends, and the usual odd ball items.

All in all, I wished I had come up early prepared to sell, but after doing one miserable PSARA event in the rain, I was gun shy.
I'll be there again next year, all things going well.
Back to top Go down

Highline Hamfair Review
Page 1 of 1