ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

New Members Please introduce yourself.

Go down 
+32
bzadel
rulene
RandyT
ThomasB
jesse.law
kend
Hydrolastic
Rogm1017
Warren Follweiter
ronnie667
zandy1
Gar
jbwaddell17
Lonney
chas
binkeyhb
Rod Clay
POTS Don
Dan Walker
Cliff Jones
dspwku
pbpp
radiorich
19&41
wildcat445
reyesfa
MEZLAW
willy3486
FrankB
bluebuzzer123
SWsenior
ve1arn
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: New member intro..   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2011, 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks,
I'm David, I live in Canberra, Down Under, and confess a love of valve gear.
Specifically guitar amps, and have joined the site to further my slowly growing knowledge..
I'm also on a steep learning curve for valve testers - just gained a Jackson 637 and am trying to learn about it and am planning to service it B4 testing my growing collection of valves..
I don't know a whole lot about radio's per se, but pls don't hold that against me..LOL
I'll chime in probably infrequently, but have bookmarked the site and will call back regularly.
Cheers, David
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2015, 7:12 pm

Cliff Jones wrote:
Weve a solution for PEST's and It's our secret Weapon, A spray can called answers.

I like that!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJune 5th 2015, 5:42 pm

That's Where we all are, from starting to Gurus of Knowledge indisputable. Suspect lol!

We have a solution for PEST's and It's our secret Weapon, A spray can called answers.

PostSubject: New Introduction   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2015, 8:57 pm

cheers  Hope that I may be of benefit to someone on this forum,even though I am a "Noob."  I guess You could say that I know just enough to get myself into trouble and make a real mess of it!  I have always found the older battery radios of particular interest to me; I must be thinking that they are so incredibly simple in structure, that I feel safer "diddling" inside of one.  I  know....first mistake....right??
I'm in South Carolina, 59, retired Certified Surgical Technologist, retired early for medical reasons, (degenerative spinal discs + nasty Arthritis).

I own a 1924 Crosley, Trirdyne and my baby, which is a 1923 Freed-Eisemann, N-5, Neutrodyne, which is in marvelous shape.  I don't know if either will work.
I really don't have any real electronics education about these very early battery sets, but how difficult could they be??

I would like to recap these radios someday.  The Freed has had both of the xformers inside replaced with Amertrans at some time in the past.  I understand that that was a particular problem at the time.  (maybe I read that wrong)

Anyhow, I hope to further my education by lurking a bit.  I'm sure I will ask the odd question at one time or another, but promise not to be a pest. study
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2015, 7:08 pm

Jerry. Welcome. Yes we can use your knowledge and Expertise.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2015, 6:44 pm

Hi, new here but not to radios and active on a number of forums.  Jerry is the name.  Winding down on radio restoration and getting slow, call it old age.  I always enjoy reading others projects and helping when I can.  Cliff has probably seen many of my posts over the years on other forums.  Looking forward to see if I can provide any assistance and learning from the crowd here.
Best,  Jerry
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2015, 7:54 pm

Welcome to the new Members

user name and date joined

radiorich--------- 16 Jan 2015

xyrtan-----------  20 Jan 2015

Keneye----------- 24 Jan 2015

VATRYZEK-------  27 Jan 2015 

1951sms---------  Feb 2015

Paulette duClair-   05 Feb 2015

radioguy---------  19 Feb 2015

j_blueridge-------  01 Mar 2015

RioRadioAtlanta--  12 Mar 2015

CHUCKSUE------- 17 Mar 2015

jproto01----------- 17 Mar 2015

Lorne---------------18 Mar 2015

Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 9:12 am

Welcome!

Our Moderator is also from Canada, so feel right at home Here.
BRRRR I'm glad I don't live up there right Now with all the winter Storms. I know what that is like, as I lived In Wisconsin from 1944 through 1957.

PostSubject: My presentation..   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2015, 7:10 am

Hello from Québec canada... i am on this forum since a certain time but i did not do a presentation...

okay i'm from Quebec and i'm new to the radio, transistor or with tubes... I tried to repair some TV sets but i'm not so good in it Razz Very Happy....

I don't know if i can bring some help but i will try Wink

AS you see, even my english is bad loll. Wink

I'm here for learning and also for friendship.
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2015, 3:15 pm

Greetings Ken and welcome to the forum. Good luck with getting into the radio hobby as well. Youtube has been pretty good for me as well for tutorials. However, have a look through this forum as well as I'm sure you'll get some great info here as well.

Regards for now,

Bob, VE1ARN
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2015, 2:32 pm

Hi, My name is Ken. I can no longer afford my hobby of pinball machines, so I am now into old radios. Trying to teach myself basic repair techniques via Youtube. Also plan to acquire some basic testing equipment. 
I have an ad on Craigslist to see if there is any interest in forming a York,PA antique radio club. 
Former university instructor of psychology, marketing and management. 
I have four 40's to 50's console radios I plan to fix once I learn the ropes.
Over the years I have collected/repaired/restored jukeboxes, Coke macines, shufflebowlers, arcade games, gumball machines and pinball machines.

Last edited by Keneye on January 24th 2015, 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ve1arn
ve1arn

PostSubject: Welcome to the latest new members...............   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forum radiorich, and a welcome also to razorradio who joined us a while back.

Looking forward to your participation. Very Happy

Bob, VE1ARN
Back to top Go down
radiorich
Beginning Member
radiorich

PostSubject: radiorich here just say hello    New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 1:46 pm

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to tell you a little about me first all I worked on TV's and radios and test equipment,stereos both home and car also car electrical since I was a kid  and I am in my late 40s .
well I took electronics in junior high and high school plus went to Clover park voctech in Tacoma  WA. got 2 year deg . consumer electronics  after that went to work for a Radio and TV repair Called Northwest radio .
I ended up buying the business in 1988 ran the shop along with two other techs that highered to help.
in that shop which I am the third owner was started in the 1940s they services radios and tv's and sold new ones Also factory service for Philco,Zenith,Sony,RCA,Motorola,Sharp later on I did warranty work for Pioneer,Panasonic,Phillips group ,Zenith ,RCA, Emerson,
In the shop we repair Car and home Audio TV's Satellite systems and other Antenna systems ,Also restoring Antique tube radios and tv's and repairing microwaves VCR's and items.

Then in early 2000s like 2004 I brought the business home and closed the store front I continued doing tv's VCRs car and home audio Also restoring tube sets.
Far as my hobby I love woodworking build and restoring furniture also restoring old tube radios and tv's and collect old  test equipment Also collect antique  and use it back in 2005 I joined ARF radio forum so some of you my have known me from that site 
sincerely Radiorich
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 12:07 pm

My username, razorradio, comes from the razor and pencil lead radios that the WWII soldiers used to build.  I had one that I made when I was a teenager and I built a new one decades later. It surprised me when I was actually able to get DX on it!  All the other reports of a razorblade detectors were of weak sound from local stations. 

The articles that I've seen on the WWII soldiers said that they were listening to stations about 30 miles away.  The ones I could hear as a kid were about 30 miles away.
A few years ago I built one and was able to get two stations that were both 300 miles away! WGN in Chicago and WJR Detroit.  I looked on the Internet and the farthest DX I've seen anyone else get was 100 miles.

The appeal of xtal sets to me is that they are so simple. Elmer G. Osterhoudt was a genius and a great asset to the hobby.  I still have a set that he sold me from almost 40 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 11:59 am

Hello,
My name is Chris. I used to be a ham, but my license lapsed.
Now Crystal radios are my hobby.  My main focus is getting DX on simple sets using vintage parts from the 20's to the 50's.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Cliff Jones

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 3:22 pm

Welcome to recently joined:
Beau Butler in September
Jean-Pierre Ethier in October
emmisdos in October
ACRadio in October

---------------------------
I live in Port Orchard, and we have a few members in our Locale.
And of course there's the Big PASARA club in North Seattle, They meet every month for horse trading and such goings on.

I have most of my radios and Test equipment from those members.

Again welcome to all recent members, and thank you to all who post Here.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 2:22 pm

I have submitted coin operated radio to the Radio Museum...my 4th submission. It took a while because the maker of this radio wasn't in their database. I was able to convince them that Pacific MFG Co was real at one time and they have added it to their list of manufacturers of radios. I expect this radio to be added to Radio Museum soon along with the photographs I uploaded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 1:25 pm

There is a site called Radio Museum where you can look up brands and models of antique radios. Other than that there is Radio Attic with an archive of sold radios. As far as posting photos there is a site called Antique Radio Forum you can ask questions at. You may be able to join Antique Radio Forum and post pictures or post them here also. I have a Monarch Tombstone radio that I have not found the model number for. Sometimes with these old radios you can't find them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Glenn!  I have just visited your website and have bookmarked it. You're at the top of my list for information and I'd like to meet you and your wife sometime. I'm starting slowly. I have a few Transoceanic sets and have picked one to restore. I also have what I think is one of a kind, a coin operated "motel radio" that lights up but makes no sound. Tubes all good, will check the output transformer and speaker next, no hurry, I'm retired and have time to put things off in favor of photography, my other passion. Here is a question. How do I go about posting photos? I'd like to post images of the coin operated mystery radio (Google image search came up with nothing on the web that matches the one I have). How might I make that happen?

---------------------------
Did you want to post Pictures Here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 12:42 pm

Hello Michelinie, my name is Glenn Anderson. I have been an electronic technician most of my adult life. I could give you some pointers or if you have questions just let me know. I live in Gig Harbor just past the Purdy bridge, maybe we could meet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 12:34 pm

My name is Jim Michelinie and I live in Port Orchard in Washington State, USA.  I have been collecting old radios for twenty-something years but have only recently started testing and repairing my collection. I've recently retired and finally have some time to work (or play) with my collection. 

My first experience with electronics was with a PA amplifier and eighteen inch cone speaker which I found in my uncles storage building. I hauled the speaker up to my tree-house, connected zip cord between it and the old PA amp on the ground. I connected the microphone to the amp expecting to be able to broadcast messages to the entire neighborhood. Unfortunately, my knowledge of electricity and other things electric was sadly lacking (I think I was ten years old). 

I boldly flipped the power switch expecting to see the tubes light up. Instead I heard a very loud buzz from the speaker which lasted less than two seconds. I now know about the 90 volt output on amplifiers!

I received electronics training compliments of the U.S. Navy.  I belong to the Puget Sound Antique Radio Club but have attended few meetings since my wife and I moved to the western side of the Puget Sound. The commute's too long for frequent trips.

Bottom line, I'm joining this forum in hopes I'll learn enough to actually fix a few of my radios and show them off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeNovember 10th 2014, 11:07 am

Hello antique radio fanatics. I'm a retired electronic technician and software engineer, I also did some teaching. But I started in radio, I was stationed on Shemya Island Alaska during the cold war. We monitored ICBM's and I was a radio tech. Since retiring I started an antique restoration business where I live in Gig Harbor WA. Our website, named after our company is Anderson Classic Radios, we also advertize on Radio Attic. Would love to meet new friends and talk radios.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hello! Everyone   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2014, 5:47 pm

Hi all!,
Just a little message to tell a bit of myself.

I am currently retired!, worked at Air canada for 8 years as a electronics technician.

i Am also a aspiring musician and work actively in my electronic lab on different projects.

i also do radio control flying (when i get a chance).

My current project are vintage restoration of vintage tube amps.

Regards Jean-pierre

Smile
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2014, 6:21 pm

welcome captainssbn! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2014, 12:55 pm

Welcome!

PostSubject: New Member With A Zenith 10-S-566   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 12th 2014, 12:45 pm

Name: Bob "Beau"
User Name: Beau Butler
Where did you get your username? A nick name and the city I live in.
Birthday: 05/26/1963
Interests: Antiques, Furniture Repair and Restoration, Keeping family heirlooms in the family and working as they should.
Hobbies: History, Travel and Antique/Heritage preservation.
I am here to gain knowledge and information on Zenith 10A1 Chassis updating. I have my Great Grandparents' 1941 Zenith Model 10-S-566 Console AM/SW Multiband Radio, they puchased new in 1941. I would like to rewire, recap and do anything else to keep it working as it should.

Last edited by Beau Butler on September 12th 2014, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Name)
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2014, 8:30 am

Welcome!

PostSubject: new member   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 11th 2014, 8:14 am

Hi Everybody
Capt Gary Porter 66years old energy researcher, location Melbourne Fl where I live on my yacht anchored in the river. My current energy research involves four items which require RF tuning, Tesla Coil dialectric energy they are George Lakhovskys MWO 99% done needs tuning. Anti-gravity platform info to build this came from a crop circle in England this project is 75% done and needs a Tesla Hairpin Circuit that will give three dialectric energy levels. impulse driven motor for cars 80% complete this project now needs some serious fonding. last project is a self running energy system using HF HV Tesla energy capacitive discharges. this last project will be used to power homes for free it needs to be built. when done it will be self running.

When I was in HS I used to repair old RCA radios the tube sound from these has a unique warmth that new radios can not produce.
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW
Technician
Technician
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2014, 9:22 am

Welcome and good to see you 19&41  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
19&41
Technician
Technician
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2014, 8:38 am

Hello, my user name is 19&41, from The Old Dixie Highway. I am currently working in portable communications equipment and have a general license. my collecting is somewhat eclectic, having interest in various models I grew up with. I've met most of you on other sites, and wanted to be able to meet each of you here as well.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 4:03 pm

WC,
Still putting around with it. Hope to have it up a running soon!!! Thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
wildcat445
Technician
Technician
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeAugust 17th 2014, 3:15 pm

Hi, Frank. Hi, Mezlaw. Good to see you guys here! Did you ever get your radio fixed, Frank?

WC

Visit us at "classichificare.com"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   New Members Please introduce yourself. - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Members Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next