ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Puyallup Ham Fair Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ve1arn
ve1arn

Puyallup Ham Fair Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Puyallup Ham Fair Review   Puyallup Ham Fair Review I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2022, 5:54 am

Sounds awesome Frank. I miss these a lot.

On the 4th of June Halifax is having there annual flea market for the first time since lockdowns. Unfortunately, for me, I can't do it due to budget constraints. Almost 4 hours from here one way. With the price of gas right now, I need the $$$ for other things. Plus the motel bill for the night.

Hopefully, in the Fall, the other flea market, that's a lot closer, will be held. I should be able to make that one.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FrankB
FrankB

Puyallup Ham Fair Review Empty
PostSubject: Puyallup Ham Fair Review   Puyallup Ham Fair Review I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2022, 11:43 pm

I went to the Mike & Key Hamfair at Puyallup last Saturday.
 Entry fee $10.00 NO MASKS REQUIRED!! NO VAC CARD NEEDED! WOO HOO!!

There was quite a line waiting when the doors opened.
Prices were pretty reasonable from most vendors.

A good variety of radios and other goodies. A surprising number of old radios and military equipment for sale.

Sadly, many old faces were missing. I only saw one person I knew. 

Many new vendors seemed to be there also.

A couple of vendors were selling "Grab Bags" of goodies for 1-3$ each. (Yeah, I bought a big box of them. In fact most of what I bought was grab bags). I also scored an LM Freq. meter with the ORIGINAL calibration chart, and modified for A/C with mod docs too Shocked Very Happy Basically unheard of!

Minimal amount of computers this year and not a lot of oscilliscopes. I was wanting a specific Tek one. Rats Sad 

Both floors were loaded also. A few covered tables with no one at them for at least 2 hours after the opening.

All in all, for no hamfairs during the 'Rona period, this was a great  event. 
A big thanks to the Mike & key club for doing another outstanding job.
Back to top Go down

Puyallup Ham Fair Review
Page 1 of 1