ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB
Welcome, please log-in to participate in this (your) forum, by logging in you agree to abide by the rules of this forum. Until you make your FIRST Login and post, you cannot PM a Member.
ANTIQUE-RADIO-LAB

Antique Radio Forum for Collectors antique-radio-lab.forumotion.com

HomeRegisterLog inSearchPublications
Posting Questions, Please supply ALL the details you have.
In order for Us to answer if We can!: You will need to provide Details,
such as 1-Brand Name of the Radio 2-chassis number 3-Model number 4-symptoms.5 Photo's

Review Hoquiam WA Hamfair 1st One!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrankB
FrankB

Review Hoquiam WA Hamfair  1st One! Empty
PostSubject: Review Hoquiam WA Hamfair 1st One!   Review Hoquiam WA Hamfair  1st One! I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2023, 2:04 am

It was their first ham fair & swap meet.  Entry was free.

The event was in a paved parking lot. Level paved ground, which made it nice for handicapped. BONUS!!!! 
Not on muddy dirt or wet grass.
It was bring your own canopy however.

About 6 vendors total when we were there. Vendor fee was only $10.00  for a 10'x10' area.

Some good prices on items and some high IMHO. Typical for any ham swap meet, right?

Most tube testers I have ever seen for sale at any ham event- more than Puyallup! Most were in great physical shape. Some lab quality meters and power supplies.
Mass tubes of mostly radio types, which was very surprising.

For a first Ham event it was not too bad, but could have used more vendors. (If wx is good next year I will seriously consider it if I am able). 
Based on what there was there of interest for me, I would give it a 7 out of 10.   (Note: I would have rated it higher if more vendors had been there).
   I feel the rain chased away some sellers and buyers. 

Would I go again? - Yes!! Even though it was about 1.5 hours drive. Roads were almost totally clear of idiot drivers for the most part with many State Patrol cars out nailing the crazy drivers.  Made for a nice safe drive.  Traffic was pretty light also.

If they continue having this event, I think several of the smaller ham events in the area will have some serious competition in the future.
Back to top Go down

Review Hoquiam WA Hamfair 1st One!
Page 1 of 1