New Members Please introduce yourself.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
McBarry

PostSubject: New member intro..   2011-07-19, 11:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks,
I'm David, I live in Canberra, Down Under, and confess a love of valve gear.
Specifically guitar amps, and have joined the site to further my slowly growing knowledge..
I'm also on a steep learning curve for valve testers - just gained a Jackson 637 and am trying to learn about it and am planning to service it B4 testing my growing collection of valves..
I don't know a whole lot about radio's per se, but pls don't hold that against me..LOL
I'll chime in probably infrequently, but have bookmarked the site and will call back regularly.
Cheers, David
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
emmisdos

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 2:22 pm

I have submitted coin operated radio to the Radio Museum...my 4th submission. It took a while because the maker of this radio wasn't in their database. I was able to convince them that Pacific MFG Co was real at one time and they have added it to their list of manufacturers of radios. I expect this radio to be added to Radio Museum soon along with the photographs I uploaded.
Back to top Go down
ACRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 1:25 pm

There is a site called Radio Museum where you can look up brands and models of antique radios. Other than that there is Radio Attic with an archive of sold radios. As far as posting photos there is a site called Antique Radio Forum you can ask questions at. You may be able to join Antique Radio Forum and post pictures or post them here also. I have a Monarch Tombstone radio that I have not found the model number for. Sometimes with these old radios you can't find them.
Back to top Go down
emmisdos

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 12:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Glenn!  I have just visited your website and have bookmarked it. You're at the top of my list for information and I'd like to meet you and your wife sometime. I'm starting slowly. I have a few Transoceanic sets and have picked one to restore. I also have what I think is one of a kind, a coin operated "motel radio" that lights up but makes no sound. Tubes all good, will check the output transformer and speaker next, no hurry, I'm retired and have time to put things off in favor of photography, my other passion. Here is a question. How do I go about posting photos? I'd like to post images of the coin operated mystery radio (Google image search came up with nothing on the web that matches the one I have). How might I make that happen?

---------------------------
Did you want to post Pictures Here?
Back to top Go down
ACRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 12:42 pm

Hello Michelinie, my name is Glenn Anderson. I have been an electronic technician most of my adult life. I could give you some pointers or if you have questions just let me know. I live in Gig Harbor just past the Purdy bridge, maybe we could meet.
Back to top Go down
emmisdos

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 12:34 pm

My name is Jim Michelinie and I live in Port Orchard in Washington State, USA.  I have been collecting old radios for twenty-something years but have only recently started testing and repairing my collection. I've recently retired and finally have some time to work (or play) with my collection. 

My first experience with electronics was with a PA amplifier and eighteen inch cone speaker which I found in my uncles storage building. I hauled the speaker up to my tree-house, connected zip cord between it and the old PA amp on the ground. I connected the microphone to the amp expecting to be able to broadcast messages to the entire neighborhood. Unfortunately, my knowledge of electricity and other things electric was sadly lacking (I think I was ten years old). 

I boldly flipped the power switch expecting to see the tubes light up. Instead I heard a very loud buzz from the speaker which lasted less than two seconds. I now know about the 90 volt output on amplifiers!

I received electronics training compliments of the U.S. Navy.  I belong to the Puget Sound Antique Radio Club but have attended few meetings since my wife and I moved to the western side of the Puget Sound. The commute's too long for frequent trips.

Bottom line, I'm joining this forum in hopes I'll learn enough to actually fix a few of my radios and show them off.
Back to top Go down
ACRadio

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-11-10, 11:07 am

Hello antique radio fanatics. I'm a retired electronic technician and software engineer, I also did some teaching. But I started in radio, I was stationed on Shemya Island Alaska during the cold war. We monitored ICBM's and I was a radio tech. Since retiring I started an antique restoration business where I live in Gig Harbor WA. Our website, named after our company is Anderson Classic Radios, we also advertize on Radio Attic. Would love to meet new friends and talk radios.
Back to top Go down
Jean-Pierre Ethier

PostSubject: Hello! Everyone   2014-10-01, 5:47 pm

Hi all!,
Just a little message to tell a bit of myself.

I am currently retired!, worked at Air canada for 8 years as a electronics technician.

i Am also a aspiring musician and work actively in my electronic lab on different projects.

i also do radio control flying (when i get a chance).

My current project are vintage restoration of vintage tube amps.

Regards Jean-pierre

Smile
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-09-15, 6:21 pm

welcome captainssbn! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-09-12, 12:55 pm

Welcome!

Beau Butler

PostSubject: New Member With A Zenith 10-S-566   2014-09-12, 12:45 pm

Name: Bob "Beau"
User Name: Beau Butler
Where did you get your username? A nick name and the city I live in.
Birthday: 05/26/1963
Interests: Antiques, Furniture Repair and Restoration, Keeping family heirlooms in the family and working as they should.
Hobbies: History, Travel and Antique/Heritage preservation.
I am here to gain knowledge and information on Zenith 10A1 Chassis updating. I have my Great Grandparents' 1941 Zenith Model 10-S-566 Console AM/SW Multiband Radio, they puchased new in 1941. I would like to rewire, recap and do anything else to keep it working as it should.

Last edited by Beau Butler on 2014-09-12, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Name)
Back to top Go down
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-09-11, 8:30 am

Welcome!

captainssbn

PostSubject: new member   2014-09-11, 8:14 am

Hi Everybody
Capt Gary Porter 66years old energy researcher, location Melbourne Fl where I live on my yacht anchored in the river. My current energy research involves four items which require RF tuning, Tesla Coil dialectric energy they are George Lakhovskys MWO 99% done needs tuning. Anti-gravity platform info to build this came from a crop circle in England this project is 75% done and needs a Tesla Hairpin Circuit that will give three dialectric energy levels. impulse driven motor for cars 80% complete this project now needs some serious fonding. last project is a self running energy system using HF HV Tesla energy capacitive discharges. this last project will be used to power homes for free it needs to be built. when done it will be self running.

When I was in HS I used to repair old RCA radios the tube sound from these has a unique warmth that new radios can not produce.
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-19, 9:22 am

Welcome and good to see you 19&41  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
19&41

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-19, 8:38 am

Hello, my user name is 19&41, from The Old Dixie Highway. I am currently working in portable communications equipment and have a general license. my collecting is somewhat eclectic, having interest in various models I grew up with. I've met most of you on other sites, and wanted to be able to meet each of you here as well.

frank1956

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-17, 4:03 pm

WC,
Still putting around with it. Hope to have it up a running soon!!! Thanks for asking.
Back to top Go down
wildcat445

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-17, 3:15 pm

Hi, Frank. Hi, Mezlaw. Good to see you guys here! Did you ever get your radio fixed, Frank?

WC

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-17, 11:54 am

Welcome Frank, good to see you here also!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
MEZLAW

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-17, 11:54 am

Welcome Wildcat, good to see you here!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
frank1956

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-17, 8:10 am

Hi my name is Frank. I am semi new to radio and radio repairs. I remember as a kid my parents and grand parents listen to the radio, especially my mother brother he loved to following the St Louis Cardinals on the radio. Since I have retired I though it would be good to get involved in another hobby. My main hobby is Metal detecting and have been doing that for about 22+ years.

Frank
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-08-16, 6:03 pm

Welcome cheers 

PostSubject: I'm the new guy   2014-08-16, 5:55 pm

I look forward to working with you all here. I am into anything with tubes in it, really, but I have a collection of Magnavox stereos of which is an kinda proud. Hopefully, there will be room for a phonograph guy on here. Best regards to you all.

WC
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2014-07-30, 6:42 pm

Welcome to each one, please contribute anything you can, it will help in getting to know what your interests are. We have many topics to delve into. Don't be shy. We like to advise and share knowledge, hints and repair experiences.

PostSubject: New member   2014-07-30, 12:47 am

rajasurian, from Malaysia.
Interested in antique radios.
would like to share knowledge in antique radios and also learn.
Anyone can contact me at Johnson114(at)hotmaildotcom.

Thanks.

Last edited by Cliff Jones on 2014-07-30, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : prevent spammers)
Back to top Go down
mikeg52

PostSubject: New User   2014-01-03, 9:02 pm

Name: Mike
User Name: mikeg52
Where did you get your username? first name, last initial, year born
Birthday: October 12
Interests: Zenith tube radios
Education: Electrician, 38 year employee of AT&T (retired line supervisor) Self taught electronics (tube type radios)  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2013-12-29, 9:32 pm

Welcome Another new old guy!
We have some useful topics you may be intrested in, so jump right in.

PostSubject: Another new old guy   2013-12-11, 3:30 pm

Hello from Shiloh, Illinois USA EM58 (if I remember right) I'm aka "oldgoaly" on other forums, all around junk collector, old radios, test equipment, tools, old cars, old trucks, old motorcycles, old etc.....  Shocked 
Only one "old lady" KA9ZAV resale isn't as good on these as other old stuff! Not real active on the radio, but need to take some quality time and play with them!  What a Face  Thanks for having me! 73! de KA9YZS
Back to top Go down
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2013-10-27, 9:16 am

Welcome from another new member. I like your website, Steve, and have bought some schematics there, too.
Test equipment is one of my favorite subjects and I like to work on the equipment, make probes, modifications, etc., too.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2013-10-26, 7:59 pm

Hello Steve, I have seen many of your posts, and as always its a pleasure to read them, so welcome, and make yourself right at home. With your knowledge, you will be a real asset to our forum.

PostSubject: New to this forum   2013-10-26, 5:41 pm

Browsed here a few times but figured I better join. Started collecting radios when I was a kid but am mostly interested in vintage test equipment and it's history now and puttering around on my workbench.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2013-10-09, 7:27 pm

Hi, all!

Name: Rob
User Name: Radioactive
Where did you get your username? Radio active...get it?
Birthday: A long time ago
Interests: Mostly AM receivers--but anything with a power cord will do.
Hobbies: Electronics, air rifles and air rifle tuning and repair. Jeeps, cars, miscellaneous outdoor sports, reading.
Please feel free to reply with additional information if you feel its relevant to us getting to know you as a friend: Went to electronics school in the early '80s...telecommunications school in the mid '80s. Former Master Electrician--industrial. Later earned BS at ISU and currently working as a Manufacturing Engineer. I am into all kinds of hobbies. I rotate through them and come back. If I disappear from radio forums...I'm into something else for a while but always come back.

Member of two other vintage radio/electronics forums and Radiomuseum.org

PS Big time test equipment geek!
Back to top Go down
Cliff Jones
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   2013-10-04, 9:02 pm

I would suspect the switches first thing, I have noticed the same thing using my scope, but haven't delved into it yet. Most were used by schools so wear and tear maybe the culprit. Try using some Cramolin on the switches. And also the connectors. If they were worked on by students then solder connections and broken or intermittents would be suspicious.

Welcome to our Forum. I do have some of the manuals that I bought from ECI, yes they are still in business and will sell them to you if needed. I haven't looked at mine in quite some time, AH well another project for my list.

Let us know what you decide to do by posting it in our test equipment section.

PostSubject: Re: New Members Please introduce yourself.   

Back to top Go down

New Members Please introduce yourself.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next